Richard Diefenbeck, Jr | Writer
I first knew I wanted to be a writer when my seventh-grade teacher in New Jersey read a story out loud that I wrote to all seven classes she had that day. And I first learned about that when some strange kid I didn’t know asked me as he passed me in the hallway: “Hey, how’s your leg?” Because in the story my leg gets macheted by a crazy Haitian who escapes from a detention center in Puerto Rico (I wasn’t really very culturally sensitive back then).
- “If you like Warren Ellis, you will like the fiction of Dr. Menlo.” — Philip Shropshire
- “Very funny” — Cory Doctorow
- “Man oh man, ‘Dr. Menlo.’ Now there’s an alternative blog. Kindness to animals, Seattle anarchists, nudism galore, SubGenius, anti-Bush black propaganda, jeez louise, Doc, that thing sure is happenin’.” — Bruce Sterling
“Ye fucking gods!! Are you nuts!? Those Jesuit bastards will eat you alive!” — Hunter S. Thompson
Acerbic space alien has less than 30 days to save Earth from global warming without killing anyone. Stupid humans!
shorts (as Dr. Menlo)
- Copernicus Grape Loves Ivy, & Ivy Loves Copernicus Grape, featured in CyberCorpse 4 (April/May 2000)
- Thomas Jefferson Goes to Washington, featured in CyberCorpse 2 (November/December 1999)
- The Mayor of Windows: A Fable for the New Millennium, featured in CyberCorpse 8 (Spring 2001)
- Postcards from Seattle, featured in CyberCorpse 3 (February/March 2000)
- The Marijuana Dream #Eggplant, also featured in CyberCorpse 4 (April/May 2000)
- Manifesto in Hypertext, featured in CyberCorpse 5 & 6 (Summer/Fall 2000)
- The Swordfighter of Today, featured in CyberCorpse 10 (Fall/Winter 2001/2002)